Terms & Conditions
1. I agree to provide keys/ arrange for keys to be available/ to arrange for keys to be
left in a safe place for Doggy Steps dog walking services.
2. I authorise Doggy Steps to obtain any emergency veterinary care that may
be necessary during the time spent with my doggy. Every effort will be made to
contact the owner prior to obtaining emergency care. I accept responsibility
for any charges related to this emergency care. I authorise Doggy Steps to use
an alternative vet/care giver in the event that my regular vet is unavailable.
3. I agree to compensate Doggy Steps for any additional fees for providing
emergency care, as well as any expenses incurred for unexpected visits,
additional transportation costs and loss of income following cancellation of
4. I understand I will be responsible for any medical expenses and damages
resulting from an injury to the dog walker, other doggies or persons by my doggy.
I agree to cover all costs in the event of a claim by any person injured by my doggy.
I accept full liability for any loss or damage caused by my doggy whilst being walked.
5. I agree to notify Doggy Steps of any concerns or complaint within 24 hours of
6. I understand any misleading or false information may result in termination of
my dog walking agreement.
7. I understand I must state if my doggy shows aggression in any way. I understand
I must fully disclose any quality or characteristic problems which might make walking
my doggy unsafe. Doggy Steps will not care for or walk doggies that imperil their
safety or others.
Doggy Steps Responsibilities
8. Doggy Steps agrees to provide the services stated in this agreement in a kind,
reliable and trustworthy manner. In consideration of these services and as an
express condition thereof, the client specially waives and relinquishes any and
all claims against Doggy Steps and its employees except those occurring from
the negligence of the dog walker.
9. Doggy Steps will abide by the dog walking industry standards and regulations
at all times.
10. Doggy Steps accepts no responsibility for security of the premises or loss if other
individuals have access to the home during the term of this agreement. During all
assignments, dog walking will only be carried out by Doggy Steps owner or
employees, unless alternative arrangements have been discussed and prearranged
with the client.
We cannot be held liable for any theft or damage to your property or injury/illness to
your doggy unless we can be shown to be negligent.
11. Doggy Steps will not let any doggy off his/her lead unless the owner has given
12. If unforeseen circumstances occur when Doggy Steps cannot attend to your
pet's needs due to illness etc, you will be notified straight away.
13. Doggy Steps is not responsible for damage sustained by a doggy escaping or
"becoming loose" because of a faulty lead, harness or collar or a collar or harness
that is not properly fitted or of sub quality.
14. Doggy Steps will not be liable for unsecured escape routes in the clients home
15. Doggy Steps will not be liable for the injury, disappearance, death, fines or
theft of any doggy with unsupervised access to the outdoors.
16. It is clearly understood that Doggy Steps shall not be held responsible for any
damage to the clients property, or that of others, caused by the client's doggy.
The client has advised Doggy Steps of all situations, which will relieve it of
liability for damage.
17. This agreement is valid for all future walks until a new agreement is signed.
Doggy Steps reserve the right to terminate this agreement at any time without
reason, at its sole discretion.
The client may terminate this agreement at any time with 14 days notice before the
final booked date.
18. If CCTV cameras, internal cameras and alarms are used, Doggy Steps must
be made aware of these and appropriate instructions provided.
19. Doggy Steps agree to love and care for your doggy whilst in their care.
20. In case of an emergency Doggy Steps will contact the owner using the phone
numbers provided on the introduction forms. The owner will instruct the handler of
their preferred course of action. If for whatever reason the handler is unable to make
contact the owner directly, the emergency number from the introduction forms will
then be called. If no contact is made, the handler will then be authorised to
transport the doggy to their requested veterinary practice and seek medical care.
All costs to be paid by the owner.
21. Any extra supplies that may be required from Doggy Steps on board medical
supplies should be reimbursed along with fee for time.
22. Permanent Slots
If permanent days are booked each week continuously, you will be paying for the
permanent slot whether it is used or not. Any cancellations will be at your
discretion and will still be chargeable. Less than 1 month's notice will be charge at
half rate. A maximum of 12 working days can be cancelled for a holiday, anything
over 12 days will be charged at a half rate to keep your slot open.
Term time only permanent slots are not offered by Doggy Steps.
23. Non Permanent Slots
Infrequent walks require a minimum notice of 1 week for cancellation, less than this
will still be chargeable.
24. Doggy Steps will keep all house keys, key codes, security codes, and any
personal information from the client safe and confidential
25. All keys and the doggies personal items will be returned to the owner at
the end of the walk unless agreed otherwise.
26. Client must ensure that all keys provided are the correct ones before the
27. All doggies will have their feet and bellies cleaned before returning home,
unless advised otherwise by the owner.
When the weather is extremely hot and it's evident the doggies are struggling in
the heat, hour walks will be shortened accordingly. The visit will still be 1 hour
in duration, but the walk may be shortened to enable Doggy Steps to cool
the doggies down and make sure they are comfortable before leaving.
Excess rain and gale force winds
Walks will be normal unless winds are gale force, in this case, owners will be
informed that walks may have to be shortened in order for Doggy Steps to
reach all dogs booked in for walks due to traffic disruption.
Freezing, ice and snow
If the weather is below freezing and pathways are icy, walks may need to be
cancelled due to safety issues.
29. Dog Walker days off
14 days notice will be given for any days off the dog walker will be absent from
30. Leads and Harnesses
It is extremely importnat that suitable leads and harnesses are provided. If your
doggy pulls excessively, please provide a lead to cater for this. If suitable leads are
not provided appropriate leads owned by Doggy Steps will be used. If you do not
wish this to happen please inform the dog walker.
Invoices will be sent out 5-7 days before they are due to be paid on the 1st of each
month. This can be done by bank transfer only. Cash payments may be left weekly
on the first walk of the week. A reminder that the balance is due will be sent out to
all clients on the 1st of each month. If payment is late, without prior agreement
a late payment charge of £1 per day may be added to your invoice.